23 photographs by Sylvain Pedneault, Saturday, December 24, 2005
Saint-Hyacinthe firefighters called a first alarm to fight a fire in an appartment on Laframboise street between Girouard and Dessaules.
The accidental fire caused major damages to the affected appartment, and other damages were reported for numerous door breaks to evacuate residents quickly.
Most residents were received in the 1101 during the intervention. One resident was burned to the hands and feet, and was transported to the hospital by paramedics.
The fire department reminds you that is is VERY IMPORTANT to have a FUNCTIONAL smoke detector in any appartment.